Friday, October 26, 2012

Patriot's Pen


Patriot’s Pen
By Jacob Sklenar

What if you were in charge of the future of a country that could change the world? Would you make the right decision to help it grow? The founding fathers of the U.S. certainly made the right decision. They fought battles, and gave everything they could within their beings, so that you could be sitting here today reading this essay. I know that I am eternally grateful for what they have done for our country. If I could write a letter to our founding fathers, and send it back in time, it would probably sound like this:   

Dear Founders of the United States,  
Thank you so much for your commitment to this beloved land! I’m very proud to say today, that you have been extremely successful in the creation of this country. The United States of America is literally the freest, and the most unique country in the entire world. U.S. citizens can say what they want, at any time, do what they want, almost anywhere, and express themselves in any way imaginable. I wouldn’t be here right now, writing about this glorious moment in U.S. history if you hadn’t worked so hard on developing this free country. Thank you so much for doing all that you have done for this country.

With love and pride, Jacob Sklenar

            When first asked “Are you proud of your country”, I think that most citizens - considering its history - would immediately say yes. I would too, but when you take time to think of all we’ve been through; wars, depressions, terrorism, ect…. You can really get a grasp of what makes this country, downright amazing.  
            I’m proud to say that I can give my own opinion on any given topic. I’m proud to say that I can be a Christian, and my friend can be Jewish. I’m proud to say that my friends and I can assemble at a tailgate to celebrate a sport that we love. I’m proud to say that my sister can spend her money in any ridiculous way she wants, without forceful objection, and at the end of the day….. I’m proud to say that I am an American citizen.


3 comments:

  1. very good essay it really makes you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for finally giving a nice response jack! jk but thanks.

      Delete
  2. I like how you make direct connections with the reader, and the creative format really adds emphasis to your point. Great job! But, I think that you could have done some more research so that you could state actual events in US history.

    ReplyDelete