Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Dog Days


Dog Days
By: Jacob Sklenar

Authors Note: This is my Personal Narrative
         
            I can remember the first day I saw my dog like it was yesterday. The puppies looked like petite Shar pei dogs, because of how fat and puny they were. Their skin rolled over their faces and covered some of their eyes. It was so cute! We tip-toed into the kennel and the second I saw their little faces, I knew that I had to have one of them.
            “Do ya wanna hold ‘em?” (He had a country/twang accent) asked the breeder.
            “Absolutely!” my brother, sister, and I all replied in unison. He swung the cage open and we quietly peered in. They lay in the tubs with newspaper on the bottom. The puppies made little squeaking sounds and puffed like sneezes as they sniffed the air for us.
“They can’t see ya yet since their eyes won’t open for a cupla days.” explained the breeder, “They’ll have ta smell for ya instead.” So we cooed soothing “awws” and “it’s ok” to them as we swooped down to pick them up. We must have sat there for hours with the little fur balls caressed in our warm embrace. My little soon-to-be dog sat in my arms and fell asleep while sucking my finger. When she woke, she started sniffing and tickling my ears. She licked my face, but I didn’t care, because I loved her so much already. I didn’t dare disturb the beautiful, tired puppy. It was undoubtedly the cutest thing I had ever saw in my entire life. The day I met my dog, will always feel like yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. It has good dialouge but it could use some better word choice. You need more words like undoubtedly

    ReplyDelete