Friday, September 21, 2012

A Great Accmplishment

          My goal for the year in wrestling was to qualify for the state wrestling tournament, and I accomplished even more than that.I had gone to state for the third time in a row, and this was the year that I would win some matches. It was time for my first match. I walked out on the mat,
          "Ready," the jitters vanish, "wrestle!" Now I'm in my game mode. I constantly looking for a shift of weight, a wrong move, an attempt to attack, an opportunity. I took my best shot at a leg attack and got around him after that, to quote the words of Sean Conery: "The day was mine". I took control of the match and scored and scored and scored. At the end of the massacre, the result was 12 to 0 and I had won my first match at state. At the end of the tournament I was ranked twelfth in the entire state at my weight and age, out of tens of thousands of kids. It was BY FAR my greatest wrestling accomplishment yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment